For the next few weeks, I would like to review some excellent books that I have enjoyed. One of my favorites is The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon. Many of us were fortunate to see Mr. Gordon in person last year at the TAR WCR Annual Conference in Orlando, FL. What a dynamic speaker and interesting approach to life!
The Energy Bus is a business fable with the protagonist, George, discovering a flat tire which forces him to take the bus. George meets a unique bus driver and an interesting cast of passengers that share the ten rules for the
ride of his life. The characters are amazing. These are people you would meet on the street (or a bus). These are people with whom you work and interact. These are REAL people doing REAL people things.
The book provides a clear road map to navigate the negativity and pitfalls that too often sabotage individual and team success. Jon Gordon shines a light on the truths that define great leaders, great teams, and great energy. Get on the bus and enjoy the ride.
10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy
1. You’re the Driver of the Bus.
2. Desire, Vision and Focus move your bus in the right direction.
3. Fuel your Ride with Positive Energy.
4. Invite People on Your Bus and Share your Vision for the Road Ahead.
5. Don’t Waste Your Energy on those who don’t get on your Bus.
6. Post a Sign that says “No Energy Vampires Allowed” on your Bus.
7. Enthusiasm attracts more Passengers and Energizes them during the Ride.
8. Love your Passengers.
9. Drive with Purpose.
10.Have Fun and Enjoy the Ride.