Community Leader Profile
4th Quarter 2015 Newsletter
HAR / TAR / NAR / TREC
- TREC Instructor and NAR Instructor
- 3 terms serving on HAR Board of Directors
- HAR Board of Directors ‘08 ’09, ‘12 ’13, ’16 ‘17
- one term serving on Houston’s H.R.I.S. Board of Directors ‘07
- ten years serving on TAR’s Board of Directors
- 10 yrs T.A.R. Board of Directors ‘07 ‘08 ‘09 ‘10 ‘12 ‘13 ’14 ’15 ’16 ‘17
- T.A.R. Executive Board, Region 14 Regional Vice President, ‘09 ‘10
- Served on numerous local and state committees since 2006
- NAR service includes:
- 7 yrs RPAC President’s Circle ’10 ’11 ’12 ’13 ’14 ’15 ‘16
- (RPAC Hall of Fame Inductee ‘17-‘18)
- Professional Development Committee ’10 ‘11
- Distance Learning Work Group ‘10
- Risk Management Committee ‘13
- Idea Exchange Council for Brokers, Region 10 Representative ‘15
- Veronica has been a member of WCR Greater West Houston Chapter since 2006
- WCR Greater West Houston Chapter Education Chairman ‘10
- WCR Greater West Houston Chapter Entrepreneur of the Year ‘09
- WCR Greater West Houston Chapter Secretary ‘13
- WCR Greater West Houston Chapter Community Leader of the Year 2015
- CRS Designated since 2004
- CRS Lone Star Chapter member ’04 – ‘11
- CRS Lone Star Chapter, Houston Region Director ’10 ‘11
- CRS Greater Houston Chapter member ’13 — ‘15
- Houston Independent Real Estate Brokers’ Assoc (HIREBA) member since 2009
- Institute for Luxury Home Marketing member since 2007
- GHBA TAB and NAHB member since 2007
- Custom Builders Council
- Associates Council
- Sales and Marketing Council
Active member of Katy Area Economic Development Council member since ‘12
Active member of Katy Area Chamber of Commerce member since ‘01
Please list all of your real estate related designations, honors and awards.
Designations: CRS GRI ABR ePRO TRC ALHS CNE MCNE, TRLP-2008
- 2014 Texas Monthly magazine’s 5-Star Realtor Award
- 2011 February Premier Agent magazine cover honoree
- 2015 WCR Greater West Houston Community Leader of the Year
- 2009 WCR Greater West Houston Chapter Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2009 January Real Estate Executive magazine cover honoree
- 2008 TAR Political Involvement Committee Strike Force Award
An Honor: TX Candidate for N.A.R. Leadership Academy TX ’10 ’11 ’12
(to be eligible to be considered for this elite group is an honor)
An Honor: Katy Economic Development Council “Visionary Leaders of Katy”
leadership academy since 2013 to present day
Please describe your political involvement (e.g., TREPAC investment, relationship with
elected officials, worked in campaigns, etc.)
•TREPAC sustaining Sterling R since 2006
•RPAC President’s Circle member since 2010
• Anticipate Induction into the RPAC Hall of Fame at NAR’s May Conference in 2017.
•Attended Austin Realtor Lobby Day 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 2015 •TAR Strike Force Award 2008
•Attended NAR Hill Visits 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
• Legislative Liaison Program member since 2004
• Realtor Action Center Broker Involvement Program member
Particpates in the “I Am A Texas Realtor” Realtor license plate program since its inception – the proceeds of the Realtor license plates fund the Housing Opportunity Foundation, an organization set up to promote affordable housing in Texas
”Katy Shred Days Shred For Our Heroes” – founded in 2009 and ongoing for the past 7 years. I founded this community wide quarterly shredding event to raise money for IMPACT A HERO. Katy Shred Days are held quarterly on a Saturday morning 9am to noon. We have raised thousands for IMPACT A HERO. McDonalds Corporation is my partner for this event! Shred Pro is my shredding partner.
Shredding raises money for Impact A Hero, but it also is a community wide recycling effort and protects Katy residents from identity theft by properly shredding their personal files.
I’ve been involved with IMPACT A HERO since its beginning. My brother-in-law and sister founded IMPACT A HERO in 2004. IAH provides emotional and financial support to our returning military heroes and their families. Our charity has outgrown the Sugar Land stadium facilities. We now hold our annual Impact a Hero Weekend at Reliant Stadium! http://www.KatyShredDays.com http://www.ImpactaHero.org
Raising Money for Katy Schools — ”Realtor Partner Program” – a philanthropy program I began for funding education, 2014 is its inaugural year. I’m partnering with the PTA of two KatyISD Elememtary schools in this private initiative, for public schools, focusing on quality of education. Plans are being made to systematically expand this philanthropy throughout all KatyISD PTAs to fund special programs for educating our Katy students.
Serve on the Wilson Elem Campus Advisory Council for two years – 2014-’15 and 2015-’16.
Served on the KISD 2014 Bond Committee and Bond Communications Committee – the committee met nights every other week for 5 months in 2014, with follow up meetings and ground breaking ceremonies throughout 2015 -2016.
St Faustina Catholic Church – Parish Sacristan – a sacristan undertakes preparation of all the things necessary for the liturgical celebration of the Mass such as linens, chalices, patens, vestments, etc. Veronica also prepares the monthly schedule for all the Eucharistic Ministers and other Sacristans to ensure there are enough ministers serving at every liturgical celebration.
St Faustina Catholic Church – Veronica also serves on the governing board of the Women of Mercy ladies group as the coordinator of women’s Bible study for the women of the parish.
St Faustina Catholic Church – served on the church Capital Campaign committee 2015 and helped raise over $4million in pledges from the parishioners through phone calls, emails and personal visits.
Veronica also participates in annual tithing to Catholic Charities and to the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston Diocesan Services Fund.
Veronica is an annual major benefactor to Christ’s Clinic in Katy. I also participate in the annual purchase and donation of medications and baby supplies for the Breath of Life Children’s Clinic and Christ’s Clinic in Katy. www.boflife.com www.christclinickaty.org
• KSBJ Radio – monthly giving to Houston’s Christian radio station, and an annual donation to their special needs fund
• Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council, Houston, Texas – annual benefactor; Girl Scout Mission: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
• Katy Youth Soccer Club – I sponsor one soccer team each year.
• Katy Christian Ministries – respond to KCM appeals for monetary donations throughout the year as these come up.
• Katy Homebuyer and Seller Seminars – inaugural year 2015 – Veronica holds quarterly seminars on a Saturday morning 10:30am-12:30pm together with a panel of experts at a local Katy restaurant, provides the food, and valuable information to attendees about the ever changing real estate regulations. The seminars educate consumers, and sets reasonable expectations about the buying and selling process. Veronica assembled a panel of experts in: insurance, mortgage, title, home inspection and credit repair to speak to the audiences and field questions.