COMMUNITY LEADER SPOTLIGHT PROFILE
JOYCE BERUBE – 1Q14 AWARD RECIPIENT
A. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (with approximate dates)
- Public offices held/campaigned for: 1994-2012 served as Councilmember/Mayor Pro Tem for the City of Jersey Village. Retired Bank Vice President for 35 years
- Business Community involvement: Real Estate Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty since 1996. Sponsored Relationships with Lone Star College, American Heart Association, American Cancer Association, American Diabetes Association, Cy-Fair School District V.I.P., Spaulding Foster Home, Eucharistic Minister at Church, Houston Cy-Fair Chamber of Commerce
- Membership in Professional Organizations: Certified Realtor Specialist, Womens Council of Realtors, Authorized Buyer Representative, American Business Women Association, Cypress Express Network, American Banking Institute, Agent Leadership Council, Graduate Realtor Institute, Series 6 Stock Broker, YMCA, Cy-Fair ISD Mentor, City of Jersey Village Zoning & Planning Committee, Business Board of Directors Lone Star College
B. PERSONAL CONTRIBUTION (Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time)
Sponsored/mentored or participated in the following organizations:
- CyFair Independent School District V.I.P.
- Spaulding Foster Home
- CyFair Houston Chamber of Commerce
- Senior Citizen’s Assistance
- City of Jersey Village Planning and Zoning
- Ministered for Church
- March of Dimes
- School Scholarships Boards
C. CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS: (Describe outstanding accomplishments in your career or special recognition)
- I have been a ‘Million Dollar’ real estate producer for several years.
- I sat on the City of Jersey Village as a Council Member and Mayor Pro Tem for sixteen years.
- I retired as a Bank Vice President for over 35 years.
D. DESCRIBE HOW YOU HAVE MENTORED OTHER WOMEN IN THE COMMUNITY
- In Keller Williams Realty International, I was awarded ten times for being the “Eagle Award” recipient. This represents mentoring, training and assisting new real estate agents.
- I sponsor foster mothers with Spaulding Foster Home.
- I assist senior citizens in their homes.
- I represent CyFair Espress Network and solicit women to become members.
E. Any additional information
My husband was an Army Officer and retired as a Colonel. During our 20 years in the service, we lived and traveled throughout Europe and the USA. Our children were raised and schooled in many places, with much success. We now have 5 grandchildren.